AMB. FAKHRADDIN GURBANOV
- 1975 - Graduated from Azerbaijan State University of Foreign Languages
- 1990 - Graduated from the Institute of Political Sciences, Baku
- 2001 – Completed Program on security studies at the George C. Marshall Center – European center for security studies, Garmisch , Germany
- 2002 - Completed Program for Senior Managers in Government (SMG), JFK School of Government, Harvard University
- 2017 - Completed Senior Executive Program on Countering Transnational Threats organized at National Defense University, Washington D.C.
- 1990-1992 – First Secretary, Director, Division for information, Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- 1992-1993 - Director, Department of State Protocol, Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- 1993-2001 - 1st Secretary and Consul, Embassy of the Republic of Azerbaijan, Washington, DC
- 1996 - Served as a President of the Consular Corps of Washington, DC
- 2001-2003 - Ambassador-at-Large, Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- 2003 - Counselor, Embassy of the Republic of Azerbaijan, Washington, DC
- 2003-2004 - Charge d’Affaires, Embassy of Azerbaijan in Ottawa, Canada
- 2004-2007 - Ambassador of the Republic of Azerbaijan to Canada
- 2007-2014 - Ambassador of the Republic of Azerbaijan to the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Accredited also to Denmark ,Republic of Ireland and Island.
- 2014- 2017 - Ambassador-at-Large, Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- 2018- Ambassador of the Republic of Azerbaijan to the Republic of Croatia
- Medal for Civil Service
- Diplomat of the Year 2012 for Eurasia by DIPLOMAT magazine, London, UK
- Freeman of City of London
- 3rd class Order For service to the Fatherland
He speaks English, Turkish and Russian.
Mr. Gurbanov is married with one daughter.