Via ASAN Visa system (e -visa) you can apply for a single visa valid for 30 (thirty) days within 3 (three) working days, as the ASAN Visa is the most convenient and cheapest way to get visa to the Republic of Azerbaijan.
Also now the foreigners have the opportunity to get urgent single visas valid for 30 (thirty) days to the Republic of Azerbaijan within 3 (three) hours regardless of non-working days and holidays.
Please find the further information at www.evisa.gov.az
Working hours of the Consular Office are from Monday to Friday
Here you will find information on how to apply for a visa to the Republic of Azerbaijan
With effect from 15 October 2010 foreign nationals travelling to Azerbaijan may obtain entry visas upon arrival in the following cases:
1. Pursuant to provisions stipulated by relevant bilateral intergovernmental treaties with the Republic of Azerbaijan;
2. Upon official invitation of the President, Prime Minister, Speaker of Milli Majlis (Parliament), Head of Administration of the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan and Chairman of Ali Majlis (Supreme Assembly) of the Autonomous Republic of Nakhchivan;
3. Upon official invitation of the Chairmen of the Constitutional and Supreme Courts, Prosecutor General, Ombudsman, Chairman of the Central Election Commission, heads of ministries and state committees of the Republic of Azerbaijan;
4. Staff of diplomatic missions, consulates and international organizations accredited in the Republic of Azerbaijan and their family members, as well as foreign nationals travelling to Azerbaijan with a special diplomatic mission;
5. Foreign nationals travelling to Azerbaijan to deal with consequences of emergencies upon official approval by the Ministry of Emergency Situations of the Republic of Azerbaijan;
6. In case of death of family members residing in the Republic of Azerbaijan (on the basis of death certificate).
Types of visas
Entry visas are issued on a single and multiple entry basis only.
- Single entry (validity from 3 to 90 days)
- Multiple entry (validity up to 2 years)
The length of procedures for processing visa applications is up to 15 calendar days. The period of time for taking a decision may be extended up to 30 calendar days in individual cases.
Transit visas are issued on a single or double entry basis only.
- One visa application form eapplication.mfa.gov.az
(Please print the filled application form and submit with other required documents)
- Two (2) recent passport size photographs
- The passport valid for no less than three (3) months after the date of your planned departure from Azerbaijan
- Copy of the main page of the passport
- Letter of invitation (stamped and signed)
- Copy of Registration Certificate attesting the registration of the company by relevant authority of the Republic of Azerbaijan
- Ticket reservation
- Proof of payment of visa fee stamped by the relevant bank (for bank details please visit "Consular fees" section)
Also if purpose of visit is:
Business: Letter of invitation (stamped and signed) and tax payer identification number (VÖEN) from the relevant organization;
Tourism : Stamped and signed official booking confirmation letter from hotel and ticket reservation;
Private : Letter of invitation along with copy of Azerbaijani ID (şəxsiyyət vəsiqəsi) if the inviting person is a citizen of the Republic of Azerbaijan,
Letter of invitation along with copy of Permit for temporary residence in the territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan if the inviting person is foreign citizen.
Transit: Copy of visa of the third country if necessary and vehicle registration certificate (if the transport of travel is plane or train-copy of ticket)
All the requests for any type of visa should be supported by the invitation of receiving party in Azerbaijan
The written requests should include the following information:
For the invited person: name, surname, date of birth, sex, citizenship, passport number, time and purpose of the journey, number of entries and where relevant the name of the spouse and children accompanying the invited person.
For the inviting person: name, surname and address accompanied by a photocopy of his/her national ID.
For the inviting legal person, company or organisation: full name and address and
a) if the request is issued by an organization or authority, the name and position of the person who signs the request.
b) if the inviting person is a legal person or company, the registration number as required by the national law.
Additional documents might be required.
Starting from 15 March 2013, the new tourist e-visa system is implemented in Azerbaijan.
For further details: http://azerbaijan.travel/en/pages/138
Payment of consular fees
Payment of consular fees should be made through any branch of the Zagrebacka banka. Confirmation of payment should be submitted to the Embassy.
Embassy bank account (for consular fees payment), Zagrebacka banka, Account No: 1501061730
Please note that the Embassy does not accept cash or credit/debit card payments.
Embassy fees for visas: 35 Euros for single and multiple entry visas (only for the EU citizens).
Visa fee should be paid only in Euros.
The fees for processing the visa application are waived for following categories of persons:
- For close relatives: spouses, children, parents, grandparents and grand-children – of citizens of the EU legally residing in the territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
- For members of official delegations.
- For pupils, students, post-graduate students and accompanying teachers travelling for educational purposes.
- For persons with disabilities and persons accompanying them (if necessary).
- For participants in international sports events.
- For persons participating in scientific, cultural activities.
- For persons travelling on humanitarian grounds (urgent medical treatment, funeral and etc.).
- For representatives of civil society organizations when travelling for the purpose of educational training, seminars, conferences.
- For pensioners.
- For children under the age of 12.
- For journalists and technical crew.
Registration rules for foreigners:
Extract from the Migration Code of the Republic of Azerbaijan
Foreigners and stateless persons’ registration upon place of stay in the Republic of Azerbaijan
Foreigners or stateless persons temporarily staying in the Republic of Azerbaijan for more
than 10 days should get registered upon place of stay (relevant notification in Azerbaijani,
Russian and English languages is presented at border checkpoints to foreigners and stateless
persons entering the country).
For this purpose, the management of the place of stay of the foreigner or stateless person
(hotel, sanatorium, rest home, guest house, camping, tourist base, hospital or other similar
places) or the owner of the apartment or other residential area where the foreigner or stateless
person stay (hereinafter referred to as the receiving party) should submit application for
registration upon place of stay and copy of the passport (other border crossing document) of thatperson to the relevant executive authority through official website of the relevant executiveauthority, e-mail or in person within 10 days after arrival of the person in the country.
After reception of the application, the relevant executive authority immediately registers
the foreigner or stateless person upon place of stay by entering the information about them into the Unified Migration Information System and informs the applicant about it within 1 business day.
Foreigners and stateless persons are registered for the following periods:
- Persons arriving upon visa – for the period of stay indicated on the visa;
- Persons arriving under visa-free regime – for 90 days.
Registration upon place of stay (during the protection period) of foreigners and stateless
persons who are under the protection of UNHCR Representation in the Republic of Azerbaijan, is conducted by the relevant executive authority upon data provided by the Representation.
No state fee is required for registration upon place of stay of foreigners and stateless
When foreigners and stateless persons leave their places of stay, the receiving party or the
person himself/herself informs the relevant executive authority about it and they are deregistered upon place of stay based on that information. When the registration period ends, foreigners and stateless persons are considered as deregistered.
When a foreigner or stateless person changes his/her place of stay, he/she should be
registered upon new place of stay.